Tanya Angus - One of the largest and heaviest women on planet - and she's still growing!

At 6ft6ins and 34stone, meet one of the largest and heaviest women on the planet - and she's still growing

By Mail Foreign Service

Standing at 6ft 6ins and weighing 34 stone, this woman has been dubbed a modern-day giant - and, alarmingly, she is still growing.

Tanya Angus, who suffers from a rare growth condition, is already one of the tallest and heaviest women on the planet.

Now doctors say she is the only woman in the world whose growth cannot be halted by medication.

Enlarge Living tall: Tanya Angus towers over her mother, sister and stepfather thanks to a rare growth condition

Living tall: Tanya Angus towers over her mother, sister and stepfather thanks to a rare growth condition

Suffering from a rare disease known as Acromeglia, a condition often referred to as 'gigantism', (which means her body is producing too much growth hormone), Tanya rocketed from a slender 5ft 8ins at the age of 18 to a massive 6ft 6ins and 34 stone.

'I'm staying hopeful,' says 30-year-old Tanya, from Nevada, USA.

'Without hope you don't have anything. I hope they can stop me growing one day so I can try to live as normally as possible.'

Tanya's troubles began in her late teens when she noticed that her feet, face and figure were continuing to grow at an alarming rate.

'I started to feel unhappy with my appearance. I started spending a fortune on make-up, trying to make myself look better. I couldn't understand why my face didn't look as attractive any more,' she said.


sitfu.com
Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Mainstream Media
Posted on 10:05 PM by x and filed under , , , | 0 Comments »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Archive