Saving Private Bergdahl


By Dave Lindorff
7-22-9

Let me say from the outset that I have the greatest sympathy for 23-year-old Bowe R. Bergdahl, the US soldier in Afghanistan who was captured and is being held by Taliban forces, and for his family, who must be going through a living hell worrying about what is going to happen to him.

But I'm willing to bet you that all of them are wishing, right now, that the US had not decided back in 2001 to begin a campaign of torture and murder against the Taliban fighters that it was capturing in Afghanistan, and against others that it has rounded up in the so-called War on Terror.

I sure know that if my son were ever so unfortunate as to be suckered into joining the US military and was then dispatched to fight and kill people in some far-off land where the US had no reason to be in the first place, and if he were to be captured, I would want to know that my own country had been living up to the letter of the law in respecting every clause of the Geneva Convention regarding the treatment of captives....

For the rest of this article, please go to:

http://www.thiscantbehappening.net/?q=node/341

sitfu.com
Taking a Closer Look at the Stories Ignored by the Mainstream Media
Posted on 11:51 AM by x and filed under , , | 0 Comments »

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Archive